Thought I'd make a post of the usual things I bring along when traveling along w/ tips!
I'll be gone for 5 days and while what I bring in general is a lot - I'm the type to always to over pack and cover any thing that I might possibly use. Not that I always tend to use it either way, it's just on the safe side. It's also hotter down South then up in the Bay so I bring products appropriate for the climate too.
1. Makeup - My Essentials
- MAC 15-pan Palette w/ my most used shades (from neutrals to brights).
- MAC 6-pan Blush Palette (I normally bring 1 blush but I had room to bring the palette)
- MAC Paint Pots - 3 base colors
- MAC Pigment Samples
- Assorted Face/Eye Brushes
- 2 Nude Glosses
- 2 Mascara (one is for lower lashes)
- 1 False Lashes
- Humidity Control Hairspray
- Leave-In Conditioner Hairspray
- Facial Toner
- Face Moisturizer
- Body Cream
- Nail Polish Remover* (not a necessity but I tend to change polish often)
- Hair Gel
- DKNY Perfume
- Moisturizer Spritz
- Makeup Wipes/pads
- Acne Treatment
- 4 Nailpolishes
- Tweezers/Brow Pencils
- Like I said, I tend to pick shades depending on climate and also what will match universally w/ my clothes. The MAC 15-pan palette is perfect for traveling and it's advisable to buy foam to place in them to prevent shadows breaking. I normally pick several shades from different color groups just because I never know if I'm going out somewhere special and wanna spiff it up or I wanna tone-down a look in the day time and go neutral. The palette is also ideal because it saves so much room!
- Cream eyeshadows are also nicer alternatives to pressed shadows. Besides being bases, they work well on their own and for on the go looks.
- Jars work well if you have pigments that you love using. Scoop a bit in a jar instead of bringing the whole case. Coastal Scents or eBay provides them. A good room saver too.
- If you're lucky enough to get a hold of MAC's travel brushes - bring those! I usually just bring my most essential brushes and leave behind miscelleanous ones.
- Miscelleanous makeup products like eyelashes are up to the individual. I tend to bring false lashes just because sometimes I wanna get girly up. The half-lashes are perfect for traveling anywhere! And tweezers because my brows grow out w/in days.
- I had bought the jar/spray bottles of 11 at Big Lots for $4.99. They came w/ labeling and different types of jars and bottles sizes. I loved them. I use to bring the whole bottles but these little suckers saved me so much room. You can also find some at Walmart.
- Go to the section in stores (Target is awesome for this) were you see the $1 bin/travel products. You'd find a lot of little disposable things like makeup wipes, lotion, sanitizer, hairspray, etc.
The less products - the less hassle.
I know, you want to take everything with you but traveling w/ makeup could possibly result in breakage or damage and also the more room in your traveling bag - the more room you can fill it up w/ makeup you buy on your travels ;]
Got any traveling tips you wanna share or good deals? - post away...
PS: Read the red text on the top of my page and vote for me!
Thank you loads.